OBJECTIVE TYPE QUESTIONS
1. The port number used by SMTP is:
2. A packet filter is a type of
3. Which among the following utilities can detect a bad sector?
CHKDSK and SCANDISK
4. In 100BASE-T, ‘T’ stands for:
5. A head crash is said to occur when the read-write head of a hard disk drive:
Touches the magnetic media
6. Category 5 cable includes —twisted pairs in a single cable jacket.
7. The port number used by the HTTP protocol is
8. In PowerPoint presentations, individual pages are called:
9. _________ is a powder used in laser printers to form the images on a paper.
10. Worms and Trojan Horses are examples of:
11. ___________ Printers work by selectively heating regions of special heat-sensitive paper.
12.The ISI mark is given by:
13. The laser printer was invented at:
14. A flaw in a system whereby the output is unexpectedly dependent on the sequence or timing of other events is called a:
15. A 56k modem can transfer data at up to bits per second over the phone line.
16. The original implementation of the C programming language was standardized by :
17. ________Is a signaling method that handles a relatively wide range of frequencies.
18. Power-on-self-test is built into the:
19. PowerPoint can embed content from other applications through:
20. The port number used by HTTPS is:
21. GRUB is an:
22. __________Is a family of programmable interrupt controller chips.
23.card allows television signals to be received by a computer.
24. ________Is an IEEE 1394 implementation.
25 ‘Windows protection error’ messages may result from:
Damage to the system registry
26 Sound Blaster line of audio cards were made by :
Creative Technology Ltd.
27 Indiscriminate sending of unsolicited bulk messages is known as :
28. The ‘blue screen of death’ (also known as BSoD or Blue Screen) may occur due to:
malfunction of software and hardware devices
29. FAT manages files in contiguous groups of sectors called:
30. The utility which can be used to clean the windows registry is: